Bought an area rug at Pier One in South Surrey, BC, with cash. Took it back a week later with the receipt and was told they could not give me the refund as they didn't have any cash in the till.

When I pressed them on the issue, finding it hard to believe that a store wouldn't have cash, they clerk information me that she did have a float, but couldn't use it for refunds. That I would need to check back and they would let me know when they had cash.

I have heard of some ridiculous policies in my time, but this is the top of the list. I certainly won't be shopping there again.

Review about: Pier 1 Imports Rug.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

That is not a Pier 1 policy... The manager probably just told the sales associate that because it was low on cash. Even so, the manager should have gotten additional cash out of the safe, as they always have at least $500 to make change and whatnot, and if there was not enough money in the store to cover your return, they should have offered you a home office check..

to nukros6 #1411876

I work for the company, and have had this happen to me. This is in fact, company policy.